UNDERGROUND HAUL ROADS
We construct haul roads underground using our own machinery, labour and management. However, when requested by the mine, we can make use of the mine’s machinery available under Dust-A-Side’s supervision.
Our personnel ensures that the bitumen product is applied correctly during the establishing phase of new underground haul roads and that ongoing maintenance is performed.
Our underground haul roads maintenance system comprises of:
- Sweeping for dust control, contamination and loose material on the treated surface.
- Maintenance application of product to control dust and eliminate water ingress into the surface.
- Skimming of the treated surface with a grader to remove heavy contamination and loose material.
Benefits of using Dust-A-Side’s haul road management solution:
- 90% operational dust reduction.
- Over 90% water savings.
- Safer roads due to improved visibility.
- Operational cost savings and efficiencies due to the reduced need for water bowsers.
- Increased productivity through faster cycle times (up to 30% reduction in rolling resistance).
- Less wet-weather delays due to faster road drying times, improved wet-weather trafficability and fewer washouts.
- Lower initial construction costs when building new roads.
- Re-scarifying of the running surface to maintain the integrity of the sealed layer and to retain adequate surface texture properties.
- Pothole repairing.
- Repairing of failed sections of road.
- Repairing of damaged sections of road.
- Operational cost savings through a reduced need for graders and other road maintenance equipment, as well as regular replenishment of surface wearing course material.
- Reduction in fuel consumption of 5% (on average).
- Improved tyre life and equipment component life.
- Safer haulage conditions due to the reduced likelihood of uncontrolled vehicle movements.
- Reduced road roughness, leading to lower maintenance costs for mobile equipment and health and safety benefits for operators.
DUST AND ROAD MANAGEMENT PRODUCTS:
No recapping required
Need more info?
GET IN TOUCH